TESL Ontario is a professional organization dedicated to providing support to individuals involved in the language training profession. We do this by offering our members a wide array of membership benefits that include language training information, communications and publications, professional development opportunities through annual conference, affiliate chapter events, bi-monthly webinars, networking opportunities and much more.
TESL Ontario has two categories for new membership:
New Accredited Membership
TESL Ontario Accredited Membership is achieved by submitting an application for the TESL Ontario Adult ESL Teacher Certificate of Accreditation.
TESL Ontario Adult ESL Teacher Certificate of Accreditation is designed for individuals interested in teaching adult ESL in Ontario, other Canadian provinces, or other countries.
Membership Includes the following professional certifications/designations and benefits (upon application approval):
- TESL Ontario Adult ESL Teacher Certificate of Accreditation
- International Certificate in Teaching English as an Additional Language(ICTEAL),
- Ontario Certified English Language Teacher (OCELT) Professional Designation, and
- Listing in the online Registry of OCELT teachers
- Full member benefits, including free bi-monthly webinars, free affiliate chapter membership, TESL Ontario publications (Contact Magazine, TESL Ontario Membership Minute newsletter, TESL Ontario Blog), free admission to employer exhibits at the annual Career Connections event, member discount to annual conference, and more!
Please click here for detailed information about the application process.
New Standard Membership
This membership category is designed for individuals working in the language training profession in Ontario, but who are not required by their employers to be TESL Ontario accredited. For example: administrators, private schools teachers, supply teachers, TESL Trainers, assessors etc. Standard membership does not include a certificate of accreditation.
Students / Volunteers / Retirees:
The Standard membership category is also available at a reduced rate* to:
- language training volunteers, and
*Select new Standard membership and choose Student, volunteer retiree pricing option.
Membership Includes the following member benefits:
- Free bi-monthly webinars,
- free Affiliate Chapter membership,
- TESL Ontario publications (Contact Magazine, TESL Ontario Membership Minute, TESL Ontario Blog)
- free admission to employer exhibits at the annual Career Connections event
- member discount to annual conference, and more!
Apply for Standard membership using our online membership form or you can print out the Membership Application Form, fill it out, and mail it in with payment to the TESL Ontario office.
Please note that no supporting documents are required for standard membership, however if you are applying for the reduced rate for student/volunteer/retiree membership you will be required to provide the following information.
- Teaching volunteers must submit a letter from your supervisor
- Part-time or full-time students must provide proof of post secondary program registration.