Posted: March 2, 2017
SuOn International Academy is looking for teacher candidates and graduates to teach in our Chinese partner schools.
Short Term Vacancies: Up to 6 for May and June, 2 for July and August.
Long Term Vacancies: 2 for August 2017 to June 2018
Location: Various cities in eastern China (Jiangsu Province).
SuOn International Academy (SIA) is a private high school registered with the Ontario Ministry of Education in Toronto. It is overseen by the JIFEE (Jiangsu International Foundation for Educational Excellence). We provide education to Chinese students who are interested in pursuing their post-secondary studies in North America. Students who attend our school receive their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) upon graduation. We have partner schools and programs in China and have many educational and cultural exchange activities with these schools. The program in China prepares future SIA students for the transition to their schooling in Canada.
- Teach subjects including English, ESL and cultural awareness
- Prepare lesson plans according to the program outline
- Focus on the improvement of students’ speaking, writing, listening and reading skills
- Academic training in English and ESL
- English speaker with excellent communication skills
- Experience through employment or placements in teaching academic curriculum and in lesson planning
- A passion for teaching and youth
- Flexibility and adaptability in new cultures and environments
- Basic knowledge of Chinese culture and languages is an asset (but not required)
- Monthly honorarium of up to 10 000 RMB (approximately $2000 CDN)
- Hotel or school dorm accommodations provided with basic furniture and appliances
- Meals (Chinese) provided during the school day from the school cafeteria
- Return airfare provided
- Basic travel and health insurance provided
- Visa fee paid by SuOn
- Teachers may be considered for full-time teaching positions at SIA in Toronto in the future
If you are interested in this position please forward your resumé and cover letter to:
with “SIA China Teacher” in the subject line
as soon as possible