Posted: April 26, 2017
Applications are invited for the position of a TEFL teacher / teacher trainer who will join a Mexican University English Department.
With a strategic focus on preparing bilingual graduates to be ready to engage in life and work in English, the department specializes in delivering a foundation program for English language development leading to bilingual academic courses in a variety of departments.
This exciting one-year career opportunity offers the ideal candidate a once-in-a lifetime educational development experience in an international environment to deliver outstanding language training.
Under the direction of the Coordinadora, Centro de Lenguas y Relaciones Academicas, the TEFL instructor/teacher trainer is responsible for providing instructional leadership to faculty and developing an effective learning environment for students.
The EFL instructor/teacher trainer will support the Centro de Lenguas y Relaciones Academicas through:
- expert teaching practice in scheduled classes to develop and create a learning environment that is conducive to success for all students
- delivery of level-appropriate and task-based lessons to improve the learners' ability to communicate
- a learning environment which makes effective use of educational technologies
- participation in curriculum committees and departmental faculty meetings
- evaluation of student achievement with responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within the assigned courses
- collaboration with individual teachers to support excellent instruction and evaluation
- delivery of workshops throughout the year to the teaching team to develop competence in the areas of assessment and evaluation, classroom management, use of technology, and best practice teaching strategies for maximum student engagement and success.
A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from a recognized university where the language of instruction is English. Acceptable programs of study include:
- English Literature, TESOL, Applied Linguistics, Education with an English Teaching Major
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Applied Linguistics, TESOL or Master of Education with TESL/TESL) is considered an asset.
- Recognized TEFL/TESL teaching qualifications with a minimum of three years’ experience in English language instruction for adults
- Certified TESL/TEFL Trainer in good standing with experience delivering TESL /TEFL Training for minimum of three years
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal, intercultural, and collaborative skills
- A professional focus on excellence in teaching and student success
- Previous experience overseas or in a bilingual environment is an asset
- Ability to adapt to a different culture and work collaboratively with a team is essential
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
This university is widely regarded as one of Mexico’s most sought after institutions located three hours from Mexico City.
Date: August 2017 for one academic year with possibility of renewal
Salary: Fair salary based on qualifications
Benefits include: Medical coverage while in Mexico, Life insurance, Savings plan. Some accommodation costs may be covered.
A one -week workshop for professional development in June is in addition to the year-long contract.
TO APPLY Please submit a cover letter outlining details of your teacher trainer experience and any overseas experiences, resume/CV, contact information for 2-3 work-related references, and any other relevant information in one pdf; plus evidence of teaching performance (10 minute video of your delivery of a teacher education workshop)
Send to:* Janet Stickney, Director, Precise Solutions, Toronto
*Precise Solutions is representing this Mexican university in Canada in its search for a TEFL instructor /teacher trainer. Every applicant will receive a response. Skype interviews with the Coordinator in Mexico will be scheduled with selected candidates in order to provide detailed information about the program and contract.