We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Speaking Examiners.
The IELTS Examiner will expertly assess candidates, with the consistency and standards as set out by IELTS, in the speaking module of the IELTS test. The Examiner will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the test and ensure a fair testing procedure is followed for all candidates in the speaking module.
- Examine candidates regularly (Saturdays afternoon and possible Thursday afternoon), for the speaking module of the IELTS test at designated test sessions
- Maintain confidentiality and security in all aspects of IELTS
- Comply fully with the Examiner Code of Practice and IELTS Confidentiality Undertaking
- Undertake scheduled standardization training and re-certification
You will need:
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree.
- A recognized qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or recognized equivalent as part of a recognized university award course.
- At least 3 years’ full time (or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum one year post-certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills.
IDP Education is a global organization, listed on the ASX, with majority ownership held by the 38 Australian universities, and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s main activities include: student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand; English-language testing and training; and global education events.
IELTS, the world's leading English-language proficiency test, is delivered at over 900 test locations in 130 countries, with IDP IELTS test centres operating in more than 45 countries. Over 9000 universities, education providers, government and professional bodies rely upon IELTS to assess an individual's English-language proficiency for the purpose of study, migration and professional practice.
For more information on the Minimum Professional Requirements and an application form, please submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please include “IELTS Examiner” in the subject line of the email submission.