This is an administrative role for which a TESL background is a strong asset.
Reporting to the Manager, CELBAN Centre, the Exam Coordinator is a key role in ensuring that the CELBAN Centre runs high quality assessments, workshops and education activities.
You will find this role of interest if you:
• have an interest in, and a commitment to good quality language testing
• have strong knowledge of customer service principles and practices
• are proficient in MS Office and reporting software
• speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen to get clarification if needed; respond well to candidates/client/stakeholder questions
• write clearly and informatively; edit own work for spelling and grammar; vary writing style to meet the needs of various audiences; presents numerical data effectively
• have well-developed critical thinking skills in order to identify key issues and propose solutions
• exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; welcomes feedback; contributes to a positive working environment; supports the organizations efforts to succeed
• are comfortable with continuing change
• can quickly and effectively define problems and resolve issues
• can meet deadlines without compromising close attention to detail and accuracy
• can process multiple types of information, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize
• have strong time management skills
• Accountable for the accuracy and integrity of all database information pertaining to test-takers and assessors
• Oversees the day-to-day integrity of the databases by conducting routine audits of the data to confirm use of accurate entry processes; identifying and eliminating duplicate records; archiving records with no activity for a specific period; and maintaining user security
• Ensuring all data is protected and backed-up
Event Recruitment –Assessors, Support Staff, IEN Volunteers
• Responsible for recruiting the necessary number of assessors or other external consultants to support Touchstone Institute’s initiatives
• Ensure recruited volunteers meet any pre-set eligibility criteria before confirming participation
• Provides all necessary registration, orientation and payment information to confirmed participants
• Is the main contact for any questions pertaining to the event
• Updates the Manager regularly on any issues that may affect recruitment
• Assist during workshops and exams with consultant issues
Event Operations and Material Production
• Produce, format and update all examination materials such as test booklets, answer sheets and written supporting material
• Ensures distribution of test materials to all test sites
• Coordinates the booking of event space, building security, elevator access and cleaning services with the Technology and Facilities Maintenance Coordinator
• Maintains accurate inventory of all required examination materials across all test sites
• Responsible for providing catering orders to the Executive Assistant taking into consideration of any dietary restrictions of event attendees.
• Notify the Manager of any problems with the coordination of event logistics as soon as they have been identified so that they may be addressed in a timely and seamless manner.
• Train support staff and ensure they have a strong understanding of the organization’s procedures and policies.
• Maintain accurate candidate records including exam attendance logs, incident reports, test booklets and answer sheets,
• Produce candidate exam paperwork – candidate entrance cards, lists, and sign-in sheets
• Lead the administration and invigilation of the CELBAN group test
• Coordinate candidate details with test sites in advance of testing days. Ensure all necessary documents are provided ahead of time
• Coordinate special accommodation candidates as required
• Assist with telephone and email correspondence as required
Operations Development and Refinement
• Regularly review current processes with an eye to improving the efficiency and quality of current practices
• Research software solutions that could better operationalize current processes
• Assist in testing and troubleshooting newly implemented processes. Notify the Manager of any potential issues
• Responsible for the collection of data to support post exam/training/field test/pilot reporting
• Submit post event reports within the timeframe requested by the Manager
• Make suggestions on how to better support the organization’s objectives based on the feedback received by our Stakeholders
• Continually look for better and creative ways to process and generate reports
• Ensure Official and Unofficial test reports are generated and shared with test-takers within policy timeline
• Post-secondary education
• TESL background is an asset
• Minimum 2 years work experience in an administrative or project coordination role
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and practices
• Proficiency in MS Office and reporting software
• Strong oral communication skills – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification if needed; responds well to candidates/client/stakeholder questions
• Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Varies writing style to meet the needs of various audiences; presents numerical data effectively
• Well-developed critical thinking skills in order to identify key issues and propose solutions
• Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; welcomes feedback; contributes to a positive working environment; supports the organizations efforts to succeed
• Ability to deal with continuing change
• Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively define problems and resolve issues
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines without compromising close attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to process multiple types of information, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and prioritize.
• Demonstrated time management skills
Send cover letter and resume to Daniel Grossutti, CELBAN Centre Manager, by December 1, 2017.