The Adult Education Program of the Toronto Catholic District School Board is seeking language instructors, especially for our day programs. Approved candidates will be added to the supply list and may apply for positions from internal postings as they become available.
We offer a variety of programs including LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada), ESL (English as a Second Language), and LBS (Literacy and Basic Skills) full and part time during the day, in the evenings and on weekends in a number of locations with-in the city of Toronto. We cater to a diverse multi-cultural and multi-faith community.
TCDSB Adult Education Instructors are expected to develop and deliver courses using the principles and practices of language teaching and learning reflected in the Canadian Language Benchmarks. They create and maintain long range and daily plans based on the profile and goals of their learners and following benchmark specific learning outcomes. We are seeking candidates who are available for daytime assignments, flexible with regard to assigned work hours and locations and are willing and able to teach a variety of course profiles and language levels.
• University degree
• TESL Ontario Accreditation (OCELT)
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Working knowledge of the Canadian Language Benchmarks and ability to integrate the CLBs into lesson planning and delivery
• Demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
• Commitment to ongoing professional development
• Experience teaching or volunteering in a publicly funded LINC and/or ESL class
• Familiarity with the LINC and/or Adult ESL Curriculum Guidelines
• Excellent computer skills with experience integrating technology into classroom practice
• Familiarity with PBLA; PBLA training an asset
• Experience using LINC and other ESL software an asset
For more information and to apply, please visit our employment page at: