The Learning Enrichment Foundation provides a multidisciplinary and holistic set of supports to members of our community including those who are: in transition, new to Canada, out of the workforce, and a host of other individual circumstances, including learning, physical and/or psychological disabilities. For more information about the Learning Enrichment Foundation, please visit our website at www.lefca.org
In April, LEF will launch a new Early Childhood Assistant (ECA) Training Program for Newcomers that will support them to gain the skills needed for employment in the expanding Child Care sector. This 24-week program includes ECA skills training, occupation-specific language training, two work placements, pre-employment services and wrap-around supports. Participants will earn an Early Childhood Assistant Certificate and certificates in First Aid, WHMIS and Food Handling.
We are looking for an Occupation-specific Language Instructor who will be responsible for teaching the ECA language curriculum that focuses on developing the communication skills required for successful employment in this sector. Working closely with the Early Childhood Assistant Trainer, the Occupations-specific Language instructor will be responsible for preparing and delivering daily lesson plans in accordance with the training program curriculum, adapting teaching style when necessary to meet the diverse learning needs, monitoring, assessing and providing feedback related to participant progress as well as maintaining a positive learning environment and encouraging participants to maintain morale as they seek to overcome the multiple challenges faced by vulnerable newcomers.
You will be working with a dedicated team of professionals, who are highly committed to our community and who support employment and settlement needs, develop employer and community partnerships, and are all strong leaders in their fields of expertise.
- TESL qualifications from an accredited program and TESL Ontario Certification
- Minimum five years of classroom experience in the adult LINC/ESL field. Experience with occupation specific instruction is preferred
- Experience with adult education and adult philosophy, including respect for the work and life experience brought to the classroom by the adult learner
- Understanding and application of the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) for tasked- based curriculum planning, instruction and assessment
- Advanced computer skills and adaptable to new technology
- Strong pedagogical skills and creative abilities
- Success in working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and working experience in the field is an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours including evening and weekends
- The Learning Enrichment Foundation places a high value on lived experiences. Personal experience with poverty, unemployment, homelessness, disabilities and/or similar challenges is considered an asset.
Interested candidates should email their resume and covering letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Occupation-specific Language Instructor” and your name in the subject line of your email. Please note that this is a one-year, part-time (18 hours/week) contract position.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Posting Date: February 21, 2018
Closing Date: March 9, 2018
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Elisa Martinez at email@example.com.