Working with the Halton Catholic District School Board's Continuing Education, servicing Oakville, Burlington and Milton; The LINC/ESL Supply Instructor plans, prepares and delivers English language instruction for newcomers and immigrants to Canada.
Hourly Rate Effective Feb 1st, 2019: $41.40
The Supply Instructor prepares lesson plans that follow the CLB Curriculum Guidelines for the class levels that they are assigned to teach; obtains and develops learning materials as required; is knowledgeable about the PBLA protocols for classroom assessment; organizes and maintains documentation of participants’ progress; maintains clear and accurate academic and administrative student records.
- B.A. in related field
- TESL certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of CLB Curriculum Guidelines
- Experience with portfolio based language assessment (PBLA) is preferred
- TOEFL iBT teaching experience and/or certification is an asset
- Experience teaching ESL to adults
- Proficient in computer skills and experience integrating technology in the classroom
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and organizational skills
This position is represented by the Canadian Union of Public Employees (C.U.P.E.) Local 5200 LINC/ESL
To be considered for this position, please submit a résumé to the following email address, fully detailing your experience and qualifications to:
The Halton Catholic District School Board will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform our Human Resources Staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.