COSTI REQUIRES A PART TIME LINC LEVEL 3-5 INSTRUCTOR FOR ITS LANGUAGE & SKILLS TRAINING SERVICES,
VAUGHAN WELCOME CENTRE - REPOST
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
This is a part time non-union position scheduled to work 6 hours per week** (Monday and Wednesday 06:00 pm to 09:00 pm)
No classes during the following closure periods:
June 27, 2019 - September 4, 2019
December 19, 2019 – January 3, 2020
March 16, 2020 – March 20, 2020
- Design, implement and instruct English as a Second Language classes in a LINC program.
- Design PBLA based module plans as well as daily lesson plans following the Revised Canadian Language Benchmarks 2012 ESL for Levels 3-5.
- Conduct on-going needs assessments with learners, assist them to set learning goals and develop lessons accordingly.
- Design assessment tasks for on-going evaluation of learner’s progress based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks and PBLA guidelines.
- Assist learners in organizing and updating the PBLA Language Companions (learner portfolios) as evidence of their learning progress.
- Prepare learner’s conference summary and progress reports. Conduct one-on-one interviews with learners to provide feedback on learning progress.
- Provide computer-assisted instruction using language learning software and MS Office programs where appropriate. Integrate online resources and delivery tools such as LearnIT2Teach in a blended training approach.
- Maintain attendance records and other documentation as required.
- Organize special events to enhance learners’ participation and cultural experience.
- TESL certificate from an accredited institution recognized by TESL Ontario.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience teaching English as a Second Language to adult newcomers. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in teaching CLB 3-5.
- In depth understanding of and experience using the Revised Canadian Language Benchmarks 2012, the LINC Curriculum Guidelines and Canadian Language Benchmarks.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed PBLA (Portfolio Based Language Assessment) and LearnIT2Teach Stage 2 training.
- Experience providing adult instruction using software associated with the LINC Program (i.e., Ellis, Clarity and Explore Canada) as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Email and the Internet.
- Ability to adapt teaching methodology to the needs/skill levels of individual learners.
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of adult immigrants and refugees.
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational and time management skills.
LOCATION: 9100 Jane Street, Vaughan ON
DURATION: May 22, 2019 to March 30, 2020
SALARY: $38.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: April 8, 2019
CLOSING DATE: April 22, 2019
Please quote reference #41-19 and send your resume with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org