The Directory offers
- accessible on-line with little or no cost
- instructors can quickly access activities, information about a topic, lesson plans example curriculums
- managers can download curriculums and professional development activities
- practitioners can search for relevant professional development
- new instructors can access foundational resources to develop their teaching competencies.
- each resource has been vetted for Best Practice standards to maintain the validity and reliability of content
- resources link to an original site (where possible and applicable)
- resources have been used and approved by users
- resources and content have been referenced to Keystone Concepts and CLBs for curriculum and lesson development and/or professional learning
- the site will be monitored to ensure that resources are current and vetted, and to ensure that links are functioning
How to use the Directory
"How To" webinars have been developed in French and English.
- Using the Best Practices Directory of Resources
- Répertoire ontarien des pratiques exemplaires en matière de formation linguistique (FSL)
Best Practices Webinars
- Activities to Enhance Vocabulary Learning
- An Inter-Culturally Sensitive Approach to Address ‘The Issue’ of Plagiarism
- Digital Breakouts using Google Forms & Google Sites
- Google Docs - GAFE Tools for ESL
- Google Forms – Quizzes, Data Collection & More
- Google Slides - G Suite Tools for ESL
- Planning the Use of Small Mobile Devices in your Adult Language Classroom
- Power Listening - Pre-Listening Strategies for Success
- Pragmatics in the Adult Language Learning Classroom
- Project Based Learning 2018 - Approaches and Tools
- Teaching Intercultural Awareness and Communication
- Technology Enhanced Personalized Learning for Adult Language Classrooms
Best Practices Newsletters
A quarterly newsletter will be sent to all TESL members introducing new resources, highlighting a “toolkit” (a curated set of resources) and news of interest.
Recommend a resource?
Please send an email to email@example.com