Are you interested in doing research that involves TESL Ontario members?
TESL Ontario supports ongoing research that is beneficial to TESL Ontario members and contributes to the field of language teaching and learning.
All research that involves the recruitment of participants through TESL Ontario membership must conform to TESL Ontario's Research Ethics Guidelines and requires review and approval by a Panel of Experts before the research begins.
The purpose of TESL Ontario's research ethics guidelines is to:
- Protect members from undue risk
- Protect members' rights and dignity as well as their privacy and confidentiality
- Ensure members are participating in legitimate and valid projects
If you are requesting the support of TESL Ontario in carrying out relevant research, please complete the Research Ethics Application Process and submit it for Ethics Review.
Researchers will be asked to submit a brief report within six months of completion of their study to TESL Ontario to share with members on this website.
Research Ethics Application Process
If you have already submitted an Ethics Review Application for your research project to an institution/organization and obtained Ethics Clearance to conduct your study, you will need to:
- Submit a copy of the Ethics Review Application submitted to that institution/organization
- Submit a copy of the Ethics Clearance obtained from that institution/organization
- Complete and submit Part A-General Information of the TESL Ontario Research Ethics Clearance
The TESL Ontario panel of experts will review your submission and decide whether you will need to complete the full TESL Ontario Ethics Application.
If you have NOT submitted an Ethics Review Application for your research project to any institution/organization, you will need to complete and submit the TESL Ontario Research Ethics Application (Parts A-F).
Please complete and submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.