- Are you interested in being a webinar presenter?
- Do you have expertise to share with others?
- Are you eager to add another skill to your resumé?
If so, the TESL Ontario webinar team would like to hear from you!
Our team will guide you through the process: providing you with training, support, equipment, and guided practice runs until you feel you’re ready!
What’s in it for me?
- receive a certificate for 5 hours of professional development for a 1-hour webinar
- receive training and experience in presenting a webinar
- be able to share your knowledge and expertise with the language training community
- grow your personal learning network and add to your skills
How does the program work?
The team will be there to help you every step of the way! … drafting your description, deciding on slides, pacing your presentation … you’ll have the support you need. You’ll also receive survey feedback to help you reflect on the experience.
You’ll be paired with a moderator, who will work closely with you until you feel comfortable with the webinar platform.
What does the moderator do for me?
The Moderator will:
- work with you through the whole process; provide detailed presenter training, including practice runs on the webinar platform
- provide support during your live webinar: handling technical issues, managing participant questions, and offering any other necessary assistance
- arrange for the loan of webinar equipment, if needed, including a headset/mic and webcam (although not essential)
- provide survey feedback to help you reflect on and learn from the experience
Ok, I want to get started. What next?
- contact the webinar team at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you’re interested
- work with a team member to schedule a date and time for your webinar
- provide a description of your presentation, as well as a short biography
- you’ll then be paired with a webinar moderator, who’ll be there to guide you and answer any questions you may have
It's easier than you may think!
The day of the webinar, with your moderator’s help you will
- set up your presentation on Tutela
- conduct your presentation
- answer participants’ questions, during or at the end of the webinar
After the webinar, you’ll
- receive a certificate for 5 hours of professional development
- get valuable feedback from the survey
- add another skill to your resume and social media profiles
Let us help you learn a new skill, while you share your knowledge and expertise with your peers.
Our volunteers will be right by your side, every step of the way.
Get started today! For more information, email the TESL Ontario webinar team.