If your OCELT & ICTEAL Certificates have expired, you can have them reinstated at any time. Reinstatement applications are processed in two to four weeks from the date of receipt.
TESL Ontario certified members are required to complete 10 hours of professional development (PD) activities during each certification year. If you had been selected for PD Audit in the same year when you allowed your certification to lapse but did not submit your proof of PD at that time, your reinstatement application form should be accompanied with scan/s of proof of 10 PD hours, completed at any time during or after your last year of certification. For information about activities recognized as PD, please click here.
Fees* and Method of Payment
Application Process Steps
Print and fill out the Application Form A-4
Email a scan of the completed form, and, if applicable, scans of your proof PD to email@example.com.
The receipt of your application is confirmed by email in one to two business days.
Your application is reviewed in two to four weeks from the date of receipt.
A TESL Ontario staff member calls you during regular business hours to collect your payment information and process the applicable fees.
TESL Ontario sends you confirmation of payment and a reinstatement approval message by email. You will then be able to order your OCELT & ICTEAL Certificates through the TESL Ontario online Registry.
Ordering OCELT & ICTEAL Certificates
To order your renewed OCELT & ICTEAL Certificates, please visit the TESL Ontario website at https://www.teslontario.org/registries/instructors/ and follow the instructions below:
- Enter your membership number OR your last name, and click on Search.
- Your name and location will appear on the screen. Click on View Profile.
- Click on Order Your Certificate tab across the top of the screen.
- Enter your membership number again, respond to the CAPTCHA, and click on "Email my Certificate".
- A message will appear on the screen indicating that your certificates have been sent to you own email account.
- Go to your own email account and open the two emails you have recieved from TESL Ontario. Each email carries one of your certificates.
- You may now save, forward, or print your OCELT & ICTEAL Certificates.
If you encounter any technical issues, please contact TESL Ontario at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please contact TESL Ontario at email@example.com or at 416-593-4243, Ext. 205.