OCELT & ICTEAL Certificates and Professional Designations are valid for 12 months from the date of approval. At the end of this period, you should renew your certified membership to maintain your certificates and designations. The renewal due date is recorded on both certificates. Also, TESL Ontario emails you a renewal reminder with detailed instructions approximately 6 weeks prior to your renewal due date.
Renewal Eligibility Standard / PD Requirement
To be eligible for annual renewal, you are required to do 10 hours of professional development (PD) activities during every certification year (by your certified membership renewal date) and keep the proof on file. If you receive a PD Audit Notice from TESL Ontario, you will be required to submit your proof of PD to TESL Ontario by email at email@example.com Once your proof of PD is approved, you will be eligible to apply for certified membership renewal.
Annual Renewal Fee
The annual renewal fee is $158.00 (plus tax). This fee covers the annual renewal of your
- TESL Ontario Membership
- OCELT & ICTEAL Certificates and Professional Designations
- TESL Ontario Affiliate Chapter Membership
- If applicable, TESL Trainer Certificate and PTCT Instructor Certificate
Submitting Your Renewal Application Form and Fee
Go to https://applications.teslontario.org/
Click on “Renew”.
Click on “Certified Membership Renewal”.
Select "TESL Ontario OCELT/ICTEAL Certified Membership".
Fill out all sections of "Form R-1: TESL Ontario OCELT/ICTEAL Certified Membership Renewal".
Submit your application form.
- Pay the application fee.
Application Review and Approval Process
TESL Ontario processes renewal applications and notifies members of the results by email in 5 business days.
Renewed OCELT and ICTEAL Certificates can then be ordered through the TESL Ontario Registry. If you encounter any technical issues, please contact TESL Ontario at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Renewed members will receive their renewed membership card and a renewal approval letter in the mail in 5-20 business days from the date of renewal application submission.
- For operational reasons, TESL Ontario reserves the right to extend the application processing time, as necessary.
- TESL Ontario may request additional documentation beyond the requirements described above.
- All submitted documentation and information will be kept confidential.
- The standards and requirements of renewal application are reviewed by the TESL Ontario Accreditation Standards Committee on a regular basis and are updated, as necessary.
Questions? Please contact TESL Ontario by email at email@example.com or by phone at 416-593-4243, Ext. 205.