TESL TO / OTT/ WW
AGM and Flipped Learning PD Event
When: Thursday, September 23 , 6:50 pm
Join us for our annual AGM and an exciting PD event featuring Jon Bergmann of the Flipped Classroom Movement, live from Houston, Texas! Jon (jonbergmann.com) is one of the pioneers of the Flipped Classroom, and has worked with governments, schools, corporations and educational non-profits. He has led Flipped Learning projects around the world, and has authored 10 books, including Flip your Classroom, which has been translated into 13 languages. Jon has been an educator for 34 years, and we are excited to welcome him as he teaches us how to apply Flipped Classroom principles into our ESL classrooms. Join us as we learn together, win give-a-ways, and earn 2 PD hours.
Event format: Webinar / Zoom
Cost: TESL Hamilton Member $10
Other TESL Ontario Affiliate Member $15
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Give and Take Activity Exchange
When: Wednesday, September 29, 7 - 8 pm
Do you love going to conferences, networking and listening-in on the casual trading of ideas that work? Us too! Whether it’s an activity that engaged your face to face class or worked well on-line, bring it. Your admission fee is your activity. Can you explain it in five minutes or less? Perfect! We are looking forward to seeing all of you there with your ideas!
- This event is not a presentation or webinar.
- Attendees are asked to come prepared to share one teaching success they’ve experienced verbally, no slides or handouts are needed.
- Attendees will be placed into breakout rooms with a small group of peers for 3 – 10 minutes depending on the amount of attendees.
- In the breakout rooms, each attendee will share their teaching success story in 90 seconds or less.
- Once each attendee in the breakout room has spoken, the moderator will put all attendees into new breakout rooms with new peers where they will repeat the process.
- At the end of the session, the group will reconvene to discuss the most significant/touching teaching moments.
- Attendees will leave with new ideas or experiences they can hope to apply to their own practice.
Please note: By attending this event, you agree to share a success you’ve experienced over the past year. All attendees will be asked to participate with their audio on. If you are not comfortable with networking with fellow TESL Ontario members in breakout rooms, this may not be the event for you.