TESL NR / DUR
Tried, Tested and True - Successful Teaching Moments of 2020/21
When: Thursday, August 19, 7 - 8 pm
Since the onset of the pandemic, ESL professionals have had to pivot and adapt to the increasingly unique position of teaching ELLs online. Though some of us may have had the experience of teaching online before, we can all agree it was a challenge to be in the virtual environment. Now that we have 16 months of pandemic teaching under our belts, it’s time to revel in our successes together as a community of practice. Join TESL Northern Region and TESL Durham in a networking event geared towards celebrating your triumphs throughout this difficult time. All TESL Ontario members are encouraged to attend.
- This event is not a presentation or webinar.
- Attendees are asked to come prepared to share one teaching success they’ve experienced verbally, no slides or handouts are needed.
- Attendees will be placed into breakout rooms with a small group of peers for 3 – 10 minutes depending on the amount of attendees.
- In the breakout rooms, each attendee will share their teaching success story in 90 seconds or less.
- Once each attendee in the breakout room has spoken, the moderator will put all attendees into new breakout rooms with new peers where they will repeat the process.
- At the end of the session, the group will reconvene to discuss the most significant/touching teaching moments.
- Attendees will leave with new ideas or experiences they can hope to apply to their own practice.
Please note: By attending this event, you agree to share a success you’ve experienced over the past year. All attendees will be asked to participate with their audio on. If you are not comfortable with networking with fellow TESL Ontario members in breakout rooms, this may not be the event for you.