1. CLEO is pleased to announce the launch of a new publication:
Not a Canadian citizen? Why you should think about applying now (August 2014)
The laws about Canadian citizenship are changing. It will be harder to get and keep Canadian citizenship. Our new publication explains why some permanent residents may want to apply before the laws change and why it is important to get legal advice before deciding.
Essential information includes:
- Who will be most affected by the changes?
- What are some of the important changes?
- What if a person can't meet the language and knowledge requirements?
- Where can permanent residents get free legal advice about the decision to apply for citizenship?
**The government is expected to make these changes by June 2015. Please share this time-sensitive information with organizations in your communities.
The publication is available in English and French, in print and online.
2. Family Law Series now available in Spanish
CLEO is pleased to announce that our Family Law Series is available in Spanish. To view these resources, as well as all other CLEO resources in Spanish, click here.
These titles are also available in English, French, and Chinese.
Edición sobre el Derecho de Familia ahora disponible en español
CLEO se complace en anunciar que nuestra Edición sobre el Derecho de Familia está disponible en español. Haga clic aquí para ver estos recursos únicamente en línea.
Estos títulos también están disponibles en inglés, francés y chino.
3. CLEO's Women, family violence, and immigration series is now available in French.
These resources are for front-line workers working with women who have experienced family violence and have concerns about their immigration status and right to remain in Canada. Here are the links to the 3 French titles in the series:
- Family violence when a woman is sponsored by a spouse or partner (January 2014)
- Humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) applications and refugee claims: how are they different? (January 2014)
- Making a humanitarian and compassionate (H&C) application (January 2014)
4. Please remember to check your stocks of CLEO resources to see that you have all the resources you need and that they are the most current editions. All CLEO resources are provided free of charge. Shipping is also free. For a complete list of our publications and to place an order, please visit the CLEO website. To check whether you have the most current editions, check our Discard List.