2019 Career Connections Event
TESL Ontario will be hosting its 3rd annual Career Connections event at the annual conference on Thursday, December 5, 2019.
The half-day event will have a one-hour forum discussion, followed by employer exhibit displays.
- Network with potential employers
- Learn about screening, interviewing and selection processes
- Discover where employers post job openings
- Find out when employers hire
- Learn about skills and qualities employers are looking for
- Bring your resumé!
Career Booster Forum
Leverage PD...Maximize your Career Growth
Thursday, December 5, 2019 @ 12:40 pm - 1:40 pm
Three panelists offer insight into the importance of continued professional development and how it can improve career development.
The Career Booster Forum is open to conference attendees only.
Directing your own development, learning and your definition of “success”
Anna Bartosik, OCELT
Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College Curriculum Designer & Social Content Committee Chair
In a professional language teaching culture that includes a patchwork of acronyms and job security, a one-size-fits-all approach to professional development requires much tailoring. Self-directed PD provides unexpected opportunities for advancement of skills, knowledge, and work in the language teaching sector. This presentation explores the presenter’s experiences and provides some surprising suggestions for a personal evolution of knowledge acquisition and advancement.
Job Search Tips for Adult ESL Teachers
Reza Mazloom-Farzaghy, OCELT, MA TESL
Accreditation Services Manager, TESL Ontario
If you are looking for a job in adult ESL, it is essential that you know who the employers are, what job categories you can apply for, and what certification you may be required to hold. This information will improve your chances of success in the adult ESL job market.
Professional Development beyond the traditional
Stephanie Samboo, OCELT
Sheridan College, Associate Dean, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
This presentation focuses on professional development opportunities beyond the traditional (webinars, attending workshops, getting a credential, etc.). Applicants who have engaged in service to their community and who have broad interests which inform who they are as well-rounded individuals bring a unique dimension to their job candidacy.
Thursday, December 5, 2019 @ 1:40 pm - 3:40 pm
The employer exhibits are open to all TESL Ontario members and students.
Conference registration is not required.
The following employers are confirmed for the 2019 Career Connections event.
This page will be updated as more employers register for the event.
- ACCES Employment
- Canadian Connection Educational Services Inc
- Catholic Crosscultural Services (Mississauga)
- Catholic Crosscultural Services (Scarborough)
- Centre for Immigrant & Community Services (CICS)
- Conestoga College - IELTS
- Durham Catholic District School Board - LINC/ESL Dept
- English Testing Canada LTD
- Hansa Language Centre
- International Centre for EAP (ICEAP)
- Language Advantage Inc.
- North America ESL Research Centre
- Ontario Tech University Faculty of Education
- Seneca College English Language Institute
- St. Stephen's Community House
- The Cross-Cultural Community Services Association (TCCSA)
- TNO - The Neighbourhood Organization
- Toronto Catholic District School Board
- Toronto District School Board
- UASK Education
- Village English Language School
- York Region DSB
- York University English Language Institute
NOT ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE?
Career Connections Employer Exhibits are open to all TESL Ontario members and TESL students.
Click here to download the complimentary admission form to attend the Employer Exhibits / Networking portion of the event.