4-month Contract Position
ABOUT TESL ONTARIO
TESL Ontario, established in 1972, is a non-profit organization serving the needs of teachers of English as a Second Language and English Literacy Development. In its commitment to professional development and advocacy, TESL Ontario addresses the range of competencies, experiences, and issues which influence the success of immigrants, refugees, visa students, and others who are learning English.
TESL Ontario Vision Statement
To inspire professionals and learners through our role as a leading authority on English language education.
TESL Ontario Mission Statement
To provide support and direction to professionals, government bodies, and industry stakeholders involved in English language education.
The Competency and Credit-based PLAR Project (project) is funded through the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MLTSD). The project aims to enhance TESL Ontario’s current Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition system (PLAR) by developing and testing a new PLAR process to accredit qualified ESL teachers who have not completed a TESL Ontario-accredited TESL training program.
A TESL Ontario Competency Framework founded on TESL Ontario accredited training domains and outcomes was developed after considerable research and consultation.
A Competency and Credit Based PLAR process was developed outlining eligibility requirements and potential knowledge gaps. Tools, rubrics and challenge options have been developed to enhance transparency and equity.
An external evaluator will
- ensure that the goals and objectives of our project have been successfully met
- deliverables meet the expectation of the MLTSD funding agreement
- report to the Executive Director
- provide monthly activity reports
- meet all TESL Ontario confidentiality requirements
- clear understanding of the adult ESL teaching field in Ontario
- capacity to gather qualitative data and interpret the results to formulate an objective assessment of the project’s outcomes and impact
- 2-5 years of experience working in assessment/evaluation projects in the second-language field
- excellent interpersonal skills including in-depth, targeted interviews and focus groups
Interested Consultants are required to submit the following:
- Resume and cover letter including a short overview of scope of work (task areas) and a deliverables-based budget
Please submit your application to email@example.com
Deadline for Application is Monday, November 30, 2020.