Annual Renewal of Membership / Accreditation
TESL Ontario membership and accreditation must be renewed annually in order to remain valid.
The expiry date is indicated on the membership card or certificate of accreditation.
As a part of our annual renewal process, TESL Ontario will email** up to three renewal notices to members up for renewal.
- The first renewal notice will be emailed approximately 6 weeks prior to the expiry date and will include detailed instructions about the renewal process.
- The second renewal notice will be emailed upon their expiry date to individuals who have not yet renewed, with information about the one-month grace period (to provide individuals extra time to complete their renewal.)
- A third and final reminder will be emailed upon the end of the one-month grace period.
Please note that any accreditation renewals submitted after the grace period will be required to undergo a reinstatement process.
**If there is no email address on file, the renewal reminders will be mailed.
PD Audit (accreditation only)
Individuals with accreditation who have received notice that they have been selected as a part of our random PD audit process to provide proof of 10 hours of PD, must submit their proof of PD to TESL Ontario prior to submitting their renewal application. Any renewal payment received from audited members without proof of PD will not be processed until proof of PD has been provided.
- Standard Membership $74 + HST = $83.62
- Student/Volunteer/Retiree Membership $48 + HST = 54.24
- Accreditation (OCELT) $154 + HST = $174.02
- Accreditation (CTESOL – with TESL Ontario membership) $154 + HST = $174.02
- Accreditation (CTESOL – with membership outside of Ontario) $80 + Tax = $90.40
How to Renew
OCELT and Standard Membership (Including Student, volunteer, retiree): online membership renewal form
CTESOL: Online renewal not currently available for CTESOL accreditation renewal.
OCELT, CTESOL (with TESL Ontario membership) and Standard Membership (Including Student, volunteer, retiree):
Print this membership renewal form and mail it with payment to the TESL Ontario office at 27 Carlton St., Toronto, ON M5B 1L2.
CTESOL Accreditation with membership outside of Ontario:
Print this CTESOL Accreditation renewal form and mail it with payment to the TESL Ontario office at 27 Carlton St., Toronto, ON M5B 1L2.