ONLINE/HYBRID INSTRUCTOR/RESOURCE DEVELOPER, LINC
FACULTY OF SKILLS AND FOUNDATIONAL LEARNING
At NorQuest College, the LINC program fulfills the “We’ll meet you where you’re at” commitment to students by offering a wide variety of programming options, scheduling options, and delivery modes that meet the varied needs of our diverse student population.
Our LINC classes range from basic literacy to CLB 7 and include specialized courses such as Prep for Online Learning, LINC American Sign Language (ASL), Youth LINC, LINC Volunteer, LINC Hybrid, LINC Online, LINC Rural Delivery, and prep for employment courses with employment certificates (e.g. WHIMIS, First Aid, and many others) in addition to more traditional face-to face courses.
Our scheduling options include full time and part time classes during the day, in the evening, and on the weekends. Our delivery modes include face to face, online, and hybrid programming that reaches students from across Edmonton, Alberta (LINC Rural Delivery), and Canada (LINC Online). Our educational streams of literacy, building academic skills and regular for students with 0 to 9, 10 to 12, and 13 plus years of education respectively allow students of the same educational background to learn together.
At this time, we are looking for a professional to provide LINC training and curriculum development in our online/hybrid deliveries. If you have a passion for online education, design and development of online resources, and demonstrable skills to support language and settlement training within national and college frameworks, and are willing to work a very unconventional schedule (weekdays, evenings, weekends, with Sunday and Monday being the days off), we invite you to connect with us by applying for this opportunity.
This is a position until April 11, 2020 with a possibility of extension. One position is available for the September 2, 2019 start, and an additional one for the January 6, 2020.
• provide language and settlement training based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks to assist newcomers in transitioning to life, employment, or further education
• teach using a variety of methods appropriate for online/hybrid deliveries
• design, develop, and share resources and assessment tools appropriate for online teaching and learning
• work closely with and provide direction to respective IA
• offer program wide webinars twice a term to existing face to face students to introduce them to the online/hybrid models
• provide scholarly and service support to the program, faculty, college and the profession
• Degree in Education and/or Information Technology or related field
• Experience teaching LINC and/or ESL would be an asset
• Experience and expertise in online teaching and learning, with particular focus on e-teaching standards, universal design, instructional design
• TESL training
• Passion for ongoing professional growth
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends