IWC is looking for LINC Instructors to deliver employment focused English communication training. Permanent evening and supply teacher positions are available.
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
1. Plan and deliver English as Second Language training with a focus on language for employment.
2. Establish clear language-learning objectives, aligned with Canadian Language Benchmarks, for all lessons, modules, and assessment tasks.
3. Be prepared daily with materials and lesson plans for each level or group.
4. Perform all duties associated with Portfolio-based Language Assessment (PBLA).
5. Utilize IWC’s e-learning tools to enhance language instruction for individuals and groups.
6. Actively participate in IWC’s Teachers’ Community, sharing resources, activities and modules.
7. Prepare and file reports on students and activities as required by administration.
8. Attend professional meetings, conferences, and workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
9. Collaborate with other teachers and professionals in the development of instructional programs.
10. Use computers, audio-visual aids and other equipment and materials to supplement instruction.
11. Supervise and direct the activities of volunteers, ensuring a supportive and productive environment for both students and assistants.
12. Perform other related duties pertinent to the program as required.
• Bachelor degree in Arts, Education or Social Science Program
• TESL Ontario Certification or TESL certification from a recognized Canadian institution
• Training in and experience with Portfolio Based Language Assessment
• Superior proficiency in English
• Experience in other sectors and occupations other than TESL is an asset
• Awareness of cultural diversity & sensitivity, anti-racism and anti-oppression theory
• Experience with or knowledge of Popular Education Principles
• Excellent cross cultural skills
• Positive approach to a multi-level teaching environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience applying the Canadian Language Benchmarks
• Ontario College of Teachers Certification is an asset
Send a resume and cover letter to the Hiring Committee IWCHiring@IWCHamilton.ca.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible, interviews may begin before the posting deadline.
Application deadline: August 20, 2019 at 5:00 pm
IWC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.