Permanent Adult Language Instructor
Are you an Ontario-certified TESL instructor with knowledge of ESL curriculum and course expectations? If so, consider joining the Peel District School Board (PDSB) as part of our Continuing & Adult Education Department.
Working 9 hours per week, Monday to Wednesday, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., you will provide instruction to Adult ESL learners in the “Success in Canadian English 4/9 N” class.
Location: AEC North – Jean Augustine S.S., 500 Elbern Markell Drive, Brampton, Ontario
As a Permanent Adult Language Instructor, you must have:
• TESL Ontario certification
• Knowledge of ESL curriculum and course expectations
• PBLA certification
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Recent experience in teaching ESL to adult learners
• Thorough understanding of Canadian Language Benchmarks
• Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment
• Knowledge of basic computer skills
• First Aid training, an asset
Please apply directly online with Apply To Education website at https://www.applytoeducation.com/Applicant/AttJobPosting.aspx?JOB_POSTIN...
To apply for this position as a Permanent Adult Language Instructor, please complete an online application through ApplytoEducation. Your completed application package on Apply to Education must include your cover letter and resume. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 10, 2019.
The Peel District School Board is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with more than 153,000 students in 253 schools.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, all school board staff need to provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment.
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.