IELTS Speaking Examiners Needed:
GTA (and surrounding area), London, Kitchener, Windsor, Niagara and Ottawa - Ontario
Conestoga IELTS Test Centre is actively recruiting qualified ESL/EFL professionals to join our growing team of IELTS Speaking Examiners.
• The IELTS Speaking Examiner will be trained and certified to carry out speaking assessments of the English language during for the IELTS test
• Examiners work with clearly defined criteria and are subject to extensive and detailed quality control procedures.
• Examiners must be available one to two Saturday afternoons a month, with a possibility of mid-week Computer Based IELTS Examiner work.
The Minimum Professional Requirements (MPRs) for this part-time casual contract position include the following:
• An undergraduate or Master’s degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree (3
years’ full-time academic study, or a minimum of one year’s full-time academic study in the case of a Master’s degree)
• A minimum of three years full-time relevant teaching experience (or equivalent part-time) is required – the majority of this teaching experience
must relate to adults (students 16 years and over).
• Individuals for whom English is not their first language must possess a skilled level of language proficiency.
• IELTS Speaking Examiners are expected to be sensitive to cultural differences and to treat others with respect at all times.
• Confidentiality, professionalism, flexibility, and excellent communication skills are essential.
One of the following:
A) TEFL/TESOL qualification (minimum certificate level) from a recognized institution
B) EFL/ESOL related studies completed as part of an undergraduate/post-graduate award course from a recognized institution (minimum
certificate level equivalent)
C) Degree in Education (if supported by an undergraduate degree which includes studies focused on English language at point 1 above)
Please send email@example.com an email with your resume if you meet the Minimum Professional Requirements for this position, to receive a copy of the detailed application package.