The TDSB TESL Training program is looking for a dynamic professional to teach both methodological and theoretical sessions in the program.
Reporting to the TESL Coordinator, the TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) Training Instructor will be responsible for preparing lessons, teaching, marking assignments and relevant follow-up with the students in accordance with TESL Ontario guidelines. Duties also include communicating with the other TDSB TESL Trainers, the TDSB TESL Coordinator, and supporting the students throughout the term. Compliance with TDSB policies and procedures is expected.
Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics or related field with 3 years teacher training experience and 2000 hours of documented experience teaching adults in English as a Second Language training program, including at least 1400 hours in Canada or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A minimum of 120 hours of documented experience teaching Methodology and/or Theory in TESL training programs accredited by TESL Ontario;
- TESL certificate from a recognized institution;
- TESL Ontario standard membership in good standing;
- Proof of English Language proficiency;
- Strong theoretical and pedagogical knowledge of ESL;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a customer service focus;
- Excellent organizational and management skills;
- Familiarity with computer assisted language learning; and
- Computer skills including word processing, database, spreadsheet, email and internet
Location: This position will be located at John Polanyi Adult ESL Learning Centre, 640 Lawrence Avenue West (not wheelchair accessible).
Work Term: January to June, 2020 (hours may vary).
Please Note: Position is hourly paid, according to current rates. Assignment is contingent upon enrolment and is subject to change or cancellation.
Please email your cover letter and resume/CV to: TESLProgram@tdsb.on.ca