Are you an Ontario-certified TESL instructor with knowledge of LINC curriculum and course expectations? If so, consider joining the us at Confederation Court Community House.
Working 3.25 – 6.5 hours per day, Monday to Thursday, from 8:45 am- 12 pm and/or 12:30 pm –3:45 pm, you will provide instruction to Adult women ESL learners in a community setting.
Confederation Court Community House
2483-A Walkley Rd
(South End of Ottawa)
• Design, implement and instruct English as a Second Language classes in a LINC program.
• Design PBLA based module plans as well as daily lesson plans following the Revised Canadian Language Benchmarks 2012 ESL Literacy/1 and or our Multi Level Class.
• Conduct on-going needs assessments with learners, assist them to set learning goals and develop lessons accordingly.
• Design assessment tasks for on-going evaluation of learner’s progress based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks and PBLA guidelines.
• Assist learners in organizing and updating the PBLA Language Companions (learner portfolios) as evidence of their learning progress.
• Prepare learner’s conference summary and progress reports. Conduct one-on-one interviews with learners to provide feedback on learning progress.
• Maintain attendance records and other documentation as required.
• Organize special events to enhance learners’ participation and cultural experience.
As an Adult Language Instructor, you must have:
• TESL Ontario certification
• Knowledge of LINC curriculum and course expectations
• PBLA certification (LEAD Teacher experience an asset)
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Recent experience in teaching ESL to adult learners
• Thorough understanding of Canadian Language Benchmarks
• Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse community setting and/or work environment
• Knowledge of basic computer skills
• First Aid training, an asset
No classes during the following closure periods:
December 23, 2019 – January 3, 2020
March 16, 2020 – March 20, 2020
To apply for this position as our English as a Second Language Instructor, please send us you Resume/CV and cover letter either by mail or email (email@example.com). Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 10th, 2019
We appreciate the interest of all applicants but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, staff need to provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment.
The Confederation Court Community House is committed to equity in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.