Location: Various St. Charles locations within the Hamilton - Wentworth area
Hours: Monday – Friday: Hours vary depending on assignment
Salary: As per Collective Agreement (PECW) $24.50/hr plus vacation entitlement
• Instruct ESL according to the Canadian Language Benchmarks
• Identify and evaluate student learning outcomes as required
• Make necessary recommendations for appropriate placement based on student demonstrated progress
• Engage in accurate St. Charles reporting processes including attendance
• Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding of the Adult Learner and their specific needs
• Maintain professional comportment synonymous with that of an employee of the Hamilton Wentworth Catholic District School Board
• University Degree B.A.
• TESL Ontario Certified (OCELT) required
• Knowledge of PBLA preferred
Schools and administrative sites within the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board (HWCDSB) give witness to the truth that Jesus Christ is the foundation and the heart of Catholic Education and the centre of its community. Central to this vibrant and student focussed system is a vision of students as uniquely created in the image of God. This commitment is expressed and realized in the Board’s Mission:
“In union with our Bishop, to enable all learners to realize the fullness of humanity of which our Lord Jesus Christ is the model”
The Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If you are contacted regarding an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources (or the hiring manager) if you require an accommodation
Applicants shall submit the following: a resume/CV that outlines skills, abilities, qualifications, course documentation, and letter of application. Submit your resume/CV and other required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full posting title within the subject line and attach your submission.