This is a full-time position effective immediately.
COMPETITION #: ADMIN-2020-15
CLOSING DATE: Friday, November 20, 2020
Rate of Pay: Band 3 $62,212 to $70,006
This is a twelve (12) month, thirty-seven and a half (37.5) hour per week position from Monday to Friday with occasional evening hours, effective immediately. This position will be based in one of the three (3) current Thomas Merton Centre locations (Burlington, Oakville, Milton). Please note that varying work locations may apply and travel within the Halton Region is required.
Reporting to the Manager, Settlement and Newcomer Language Programs, assist with the day-to-day operations of the newcomer language programs, in accordance with program policies, the guidelines of the federal and provincial governments, and Halton Catholic District School Board.
- Assist with the coordination of Instructors and classes
- Organize and plan team/staff meetings
- Conduct activities related to the measurement of program outcomes and achievements (as per funder requirements); plan field trips & staff meetings
- Monitor student intake and referral operations and resolve front-line issues
- Assist the Program Manager in preparing the quarterly report for IRCC, reporting on Childminding Centre’s status/attendance, staff numbers, activities, purchases and any other related problems or concerns
- Liaise with community partners and stakeholders (HNSG, Peel-Halton Language Partnership, etc.) to promote HCDSB newcomer programs
- Send attendance reports to Ontario Works, as needed
- Maintain program records and statistics of enrolment, attendance, and support services using the History of Assessment Referral and Training Systems (HARTs) and the Immigration Contribution Agreement Reporting Environment (iCARE)
- Report trends to Manager to respond to learner needs
- Administer the fee-payer program for Visitor students
- Maintain inventory records of textbooks, IT Collateral, classroom equipment, etc.
- Travel to and from Board sites throughout the Halton Region is required
- Assist in other projects as required
- B.A. or equivalent experience and training in a related field
- Minimum one-year experience working in a non-profit organization, preferably in a newcomer settlement environment
- A good working knowledge of HARTs and iCARE is preferred
- TESL certificate from a recognized institution is preferred
- A strong working knowledge of the LINC Curriculum Guidelines, Canadian Language Benchmarks & the National Language Placement and Progression Guidelines (NLPPG)
- Knowledge of portfolio-based language assessment (PBLA)
- Ability to supervise and guide others
- Excellent computer software skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- A good understanding of issues and life experiences of newcomers and immigrants is preferred
Interested candidates must submit a résumé and cover letter, detailing qualifications and experience, quoting Competition “ADMIN-2020-15”, no later than Friday, November 20, 2020 to the attention of:
Patricia Donato, Human Resources Generalist
Please quote the competition number “ADMIN-2020-15” in the subject line of your email.
Note: Upon selection, candidates will also be required to provide;
- Contact information for three professional references or provide letters dated within twelve (12) months. References must include at least two (2) Supervisory levels.
- An original Criminal Reference Check including Vulnerable Sector Screening, dated within six months.
The Halton Catholic District School Board will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform our Human Resources Staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.