Employment & Newcomer Services
Starting Rate: $21.50 - $22.25 per hour plus YMCA Membership benefits
Full-time position including days, evenings and weekends (40 hours per week)
This position is funded by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada and the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services Ontario
- Determine client eligibility for federally and provincially funded language training classes
- Administer Canadian Language Benchmarks assessments to eligible adult immigrants for federal and provincial language training programs in the Niagara region
- Refer clients to appropriate program based on assessment results and client needs
- Maintain client files and statistical information in HARTs database
- Travel within the Niagara region to YMCA offices and itinerant sites
- Candidates should demonstrate competency in Adult Second Language Acquisition, Assessment in Adult ESL, Cultural Sensitivity, Interview Skills, Decision-Making Skills and English Language Proficiency.
- Participate in training and adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures as established by the YMCA of Niagara
- Must have OCELT Certificate of Accreditation and Professional Designation, proof of good standing required with application
- Experience in CLBA, CLBPT, ELTRA and CLBA-LL are highly recommended
- Experience in adult ESL instruction and/or settlement is an asset
- Knowledge of language courses, training programs, and related community services in the Niagara region
- Understanding of the Canadian Language Benchmarks and their application
- If the candidate is not a certified assessor, he/she will need to successfully complete the assessor’s training as a pre-condition of receiving a contract
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Current Standard First Aid, CPR certification (within 2 years from date of issue)
- A clear and satisfactory criminal reference check inclusive of the vulnerable sector
- search (CRC VSS) issued for the YMCA of Niagara
Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and copy of OCELT Certificate of Accreditation and Professional Designation, along with documentation to verify completion of (or in process of completing) Standard First Aid/CPR(C) by November 20th .