The Adult Education Program of the Toronto Catholic District School Board is seeking a Learning Management System Administrator for its LINC, ESL and FSL programs.
- Participate in LMS training, train instructors as needed, prepare training materials
- Visit courses regularly (both in-person and virtual classes) to provide support and supervision to instructors
- Assist instructors and provide feedback and suggestions for effective hybrid and on-line delivery.
- Review course activities in the learning management system, facilitate course delivery, share course resources and best practices
- Answer questions about the LMS (Onyx, Avenue), including questions posted on the Onyx Instructor Community Forum
- Assist instructors in setting up video conferencing with learners (e.g, BigBlueButton)
- Respond to all queries by instructors in a timely manner (provide real time support or if not possible respond within one business day)
- Make a list of all technical/content-related issues in Onyx as brought forth by instructors and learners and report to the e-learning consultant
- Assist learners with enrollment and accessing the course LMS (e.g., Avenue, Onyx); creating an email account, and provide ongoing support as required
- Assist learners in accessing video conferencing (e.g., the BigBlueButton) • Respond to all queries by learners in a timely manner (provide real-time support or if not possible respond within one business day)
- Support supply staff, provide guidance, training and materials
- Keep up to date with LMS updates and communicate them to instructors
- Report to immediate supervisor on a regular basis on issues and trends, especially those requiring action, submit monthly activity reports
- Complete learner and staff online participation and other reports, as requested
- Other – as assigned
- University degree in a related field
- TESL Ontario Accreditation
- Proven working knowledge of Avenue and/or ONYX learning Management Systems
- Experience delivering blended/online instruction
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience providing professional support to their colleagues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English) and a working knowledge of French
- Travel to instructional sites is required; travel allowance is provided
This is a full time permanent position, 30 hours a week, 43 weeks a year, Monday to Friday (25 hours) one evening (2 hours) and Saturday (3 hours) beginning January 4, 2021. There will be a probation period of 6 months with access to benefits on completion of probation. The rate of pay is $46.85 per hour.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Committee at Contact.AdultEd@tcdsb.org with the subject line: Learning Management System Administrator.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this initiative. All applications will be reviewed. Only selected candidates will be contacted. The deadline for submission is November 30, 2020