The Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board is one of the largest and most diverse school boards in Ontario with approximately 81,000 students attending 151 schools (125 elementary and 26 secondary) located throughout Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon and Orangeville. With approximately 11,000 employees, Dufferin-Peel is one of the largest employers in the region.
Pay Rate: $30.37 per hour
Supply ESL Instructors will be called in, as needed, to work in various locations.
- Experience in providing instruction in ESL to adults
- Understanding of application of the Canadian Language Benchmarks, ESL / LINC Curriculum Guidelines, National Language Placement and Progression Guidelines and PBLA process
- Familiar with the HARTs system: assessment appointments scheduling, referrals, transfers, withdrawals and progress reports, printing attendance history, certificates and check Ministry Registers
- Valid TESL Ontario Certification (OCELT)
- Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent
- PBLA trained or in-training an asset
- ALL new employees will be required to submit a current original criminal background check (CBC) including a "Vulnerable Sector Screening" (VSS) issued within 6 months prior to commencing employment with the Board.
Interested applicants are asked to send an up to date resume (Word format), proof of education & proof of TESL to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, but advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at
(905) 890-0708, extension 24272 to provide your contact information. Support Services staff will contact you within 2 business days. The Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.