Project Manager, Curriculum Development for SLT, Mississauga
Job Title:Project Manager, Curriculum Development for SLT
Location:50 Burnhamthorpe Road West,
Suite 300, Sussex Centre
Mississauga, ON, L5B 3C2
Base Pay:$65,000.00 - $73,000.00 / Year
Employee Type:Full Time Temporary
The Curriculum Development for Food Service SLT Project is funded by the Ministry of Community & Social Services to March 31, 2022. Working collaboratively with key partners, Achev will develop customized interactive online curriculum and resources based on the needs of the food service industry for Stage 1 (CLB 2-4) language learners. The content will be designed for immigrants in Ontario who are currently working in, or those seeking employment opportunities within, Ontario’s Restaurant, Hotel and Motel industry. The curriculum for food service occupations will enable immigrants to develop their English language and occupation-specific communication skills. The modules will be made available to learners as SLT course options (for online or hybrid courses) in the Onyx platform, to be delivered by MCCSS-funded Language Training Providers in Ontario.
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, execution and closing; ensuring that the needs and goals of the project are met and that commitments on cost, quality, schedule, scope and time are achieved. The Project Manager will facilitate collaboration, monitor project health, provide expertise, and provide regular project updates to stakeholders.
Key partners in this project will be the Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB) and the Ontario Restaurant Hotel & Motel Association (ORHMA). The Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB) will help ensure that content is integrated on the Onyx platform. ORHMA will provide sector expertise and input on the customized curriculum.
- Manage all aspects of instructional design, development, eLearning coordination, and pilot testing as well as ensuring platform integration and partnership relations
- Oversee development of customised curriculum content, development of interactive graphic elements and integration with the LMS.
- Effectively communicate with project partners to ensure collaboration and engagement; manage stakeholder relationships; arrange meetings as needed
- Develop a project workplan in consultation with management and partners
- Recruit and supervise e-Learning Course Developer; and complete staff supervisory duties in accordance with company policy.
- Retain Curriculum Writer/Developer/s consultants and manage subcontracting agreements and performance
- Manage project budget, review and approve expenses, monitor cash flow, forecast costs and review financial claims.
- Manage project schedules, track and communicate project status, issues, risks, and decisions to management.
- Conduct promotion, outreach and communication as needed
- Lead preparation and delivery of project related reports and presentations to stakeholders.
- Be accountable for on-time delivery of packaged curriculum
- Facilitate user testing, adjustments and soft launch/pilot
- Conduct and provide data gathering, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Collaborate with management and operational staff on facilities and operational issues as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Post Secondary Degree in relevant area including TESL certification
- Knowledge of instructional design principles
- 3+ years curriculum development experience; workplace curriculum development an asset
- 5+ years direct experience leading training, software or technology projects preferred
- Knowledge of online learning platforms and e-authoring tools (experience working in a Moodle environment an asset).
- Able to provide leadership and direction in a virtual team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate professionally and facilitate meetings with varied stakeholders including funders, project partners, vendors, and staff.
- Strong budgeting and scheduling skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook) and cloud based applications to support virtual teams.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Flexibility to occasionally work evenings
- Not-for-profit or settlement sector experience an asset.
Job Posting Closing Date: Apr 21, 2021