KINGSTON LITERACY & SKILLS (KL&S)
KL&S is an approved LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) provider which delivers an English language program to adult newcomers up to the pre-intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmark 4).
The LINC Administrator maintains the day to day operations of the LINC program; supports and supervises staff in the LINC and CNC Program, and participates in program development and evaluation. Key accountabilities for this position are program and service delivery, administration and organizational commitment.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the LINC Administrator will ensure appropriate and effective program operations and participate in program development and program evaluation. Key responsibilities for the LINC Administrator are:
- Ensure a high quality of service to students by providing day to day oversight and leadership.
- Ensure that proper administrative, documentation and reporting practices are in place and adhered to in a professional and timely manner.
- Contribute to a high performing team and engage as part of the LINC program and wider organization of KL&S teams.
- Ensure the LINC program meets all legislative provincial and federal operating/reporting guidelines.
Program and Service Delivery
- Day to day oversight and monitoring of LINC and CNC program operations
- Monitor learner needs and satisfaction within LINC program
- Conduct teaching observations of LINC staff
- Recommend resources and provide professional advice to staff to ensure teaching effectiveness
- Fulfill all requirements as PBLA Lead as per IRCC and/or LINC curriculum
- Compile statistics and prepare summaries and reports of the LINC program as required by Executive Director and funders
- Assist in organization and leadership of staff workshops and professional development, and staff meetings
- Integrate continuous quality improvement in the program delivery
- Ensure community partnership relationships are developed and maintained that support and grow the program success
- Support LINC team with coordinating client referrals to other services as required
- In concert with Executive Director, guide program process and form review, modification and streamlining with input from LINC staff team members
- Collect and review LINC mandatory documentation; ensure all paperwork is accurate and complete within required timelines
- Work with administrative staff and to conduct regular file reviews to ensure accuracy and quality
- Participate in Request for Proposal (RFP) process and contract amendments as required
- With Executive Director input, coordinate Settlement Officer monitoring visits
- Coordinate contracted services requirements in conjunction with LINC team members
- In concert with Human Resources Manager, recruit, interview, hire and orient new LINC and CNC staff, as required
- Responsible for facilitating team work and effective staff communication
- Monitor payroll entries, as requested
- Direct supervision of LINC and CNC program employees
- Responsible for annual full performance reviews and ongoing performance management of LINC staff and CNC Coordinator; including on-boarding, off-boarding, terminations and performance management
- Participate in annual budgeting process and quarterly reforecasting with Executive Director as requested
- Coordinate planning and scheduling of program components and student events per contract requirements in collaboration with LINC team and Executive Director
- TESL Ontario certificate and TESL Ontario membership in good standing.
- Bachelor Degree in Education, Nonprofit Admin or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in staff supervisory and administration.
- Demonstrated experience supervising teachers/instructors/training employees preferred
- Experience with program assessment and project management
- Completion of PBLA (Portfolio Based Language Assessment) training or the eligibility to complete training.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word) and communication tools (Teams, Zoom)
- Experience with virtual teaching/learning and supervising remote employees OR
- Experience delivering online training with working knowledge of virtual delivery tools and Learning Management Systems
- Vulnerable Sector CPIC is required.
Start date is expect to be mid August 2021. Interested candidates can submit a cover letter and resume by June 21st, 2021 to Manager of Human Resources :
KL&S encourages applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities.
KL&S is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, KL&S will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify KL&S upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in KL&S. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.