Adult English as a Second Language Instructors - Casual Positions
The Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board is recruiting supply instructors to teach in adult non-credit ESL and LINC classes to accommodate growth in the program.
Reporting to the ESL/LINC Program Supervisor, the incumbent is responsible to instruct English as a Second Language and/or Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada to adult learners, from Literacy to CLB 8. Candidates are needed for casual teaching and long term occasional (LTO) assignments Monday-Friday day school, night school, and summer school.
- Current TESL Ontario Certification (OCELT)
- Knowledge and experience with the LINC Curriculum Guidelines and the Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Knowledge and /or application of Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA)
- Excellent practice and knowledge in the principles of adult learning
- Demonstrated experience teaching online and using Learning Management Systems
- Demonstrated experience using information technology as a teaching and learning tool
- Excellent communication and cross cultural skills
- Available to work on short notice for day and evening classes
https://network.applytoeducation.com/Applicant/AttJobPosting.aspx?JOB_PO... - cut and paste into browser.
Submit a letter of application and resume outlining how your qualifications, professional development and experience relate to this job opportunity