LINC Instructors Part-time (Monday – Friday 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm)
KL&S is an approved LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) provider which delivers an English language program to adult newcomers up to the pre-intermediate level (Canadian Language Benchmark 4). The emphasis is on encouragement of language self-sufficiency in learners as they establish a new life in Canada. The LINC Instructor delivers a theme-based language training program using Canadian Language Benchmarks and LINC curriculum guidelines in a welcoming and inclusive environment. The language outcomes are assessed using the framework of Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA). This is not a remote position. We are an in-person service delivery program. Must be able to instruction on site. This is NOT a virtual instruction position.
- Teach an English language class following the LINC Curriculum Guidelines and Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Design PBLA based module, lesson plans and assessment tasks for on-going evaluation of learners’ progress based on the CLB & PBLA Guidelines.
- Combine classroom teaching with computer lab instruction using educational software
- Design and deliver short and long-term lesson plans consistent with accepted teaching methods and the needs and level of the class.
- Incorporate a variety of learning materials into lesson plans to meet different learning styles
- Orient students to portfolios as a learning and assessment tool
- Work with individual students to determine their learning goals and provide regular feedback on their progress
- Prepare and administer assessments to evaluate student progress and keep record of it
- Ensure an anti-bias classroom atmosphere where participants are welcomed and are actively participating
- Participate in professional development sessions and incorporate the material to enhance teaching
- Ensure students understand relevant KL&S program policies; ensure policies are implemented and followed
- Maintain an accurate record of student attendance
- Ensure the confidentiality of student and agency files and documentation (electronic and hard copy) in accordance with all required policies
- Ensure responsible use and care of KL&S equipment and resources
- TESL – Ontario certified or willing to obtain.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in English or Education.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience, preferably with adults and newcomers.
- Completion of PBLA training would be considered as asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a multicultural and diverse environment.
- Strong computer skills and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to be creative and flexible in planning.
- Ability to use a variety of communication styles and strategies to foster open communication, the exchange of information and discussion on an ongoing basis.
- Experience in one-to-one teaching or multi-level classrooms
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check (CPIC).
- Mentor and motivate students
- Be empathetic
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be adaptable and flexible in the teaching approach
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission, goals, and values of KL&S
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter and resume by 12 noon on October 15, 2021 to:
Manager of Human Resources:
KL&S encourages applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, and persons with disabilities.
KL&S is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, KL&S will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify KL&S upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in KL&S. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.