Responsible for the delivery of LINC programming for students ranging in CBLs 1-6. Provide on going to PBLA support, resources and professional development opportunities to program instructors, volunteers and staff.
- Develops a program that adheres to the LINC Curriculum Guidelines
- Provide leadership and support to LINC staff team with the ongoing implementation of PBLA into the LINC program.
- Develop/Organizing ongoing Professional Development opportunities for LINC staff team
- Ensures that the curriculum incorporates settlement material with cultural sensitivity
- Ensures that clients are taught reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Ensures that the English language needs of clients from CLB 1 through CLB 5 are met
- Ensures that written evaluations of all clients in the program are completed in December, March and June or as requested
- Ensures that creative materials are developed for use in the program
- Ensures that lesson plans are completed in advance for use of supply staff
- Utilizes the skills of volunteers working within the classroom
- Assists in the organization of class trips
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to clients and their families
- Attends staff meetings as required
- Current TESL Ontario Certification
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Clear Police Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Mandated training (including AODA, Workplace Violence & Harassment, Health & Safety Awareness, Child Protection, PCI Compliance, etc.) is required before or shortly after commencement of work
Please email Cover Letter and Resume to
Team Leader - YMCA Immigrant Services
YMCA of Simcoe Muskoka.