Since 1855, schools within the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board have given witness to the truth that Jesus Christ is the foundation and the heart of Catholic Education and the center of its community. The Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board provides academic and co-curricular excellence within a Christ centered learning environment to 28,000 JK – Grade 12 students at 56 schools throughout the city of Hamilton. Central to our vibrant and student focused system, is our vision of the child as uniquely created in the image of God. This commitment is expressed and realized in our Mission which is: “In union with our Bishop, is to enable all learners to realize the fullness of humanity of which our Lord Jesus Christ is the model.”
The Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board is committed to creating an appropriate and challenging learning environment:
- in which members of the school community exemplify the teachings of Jesus Christ;
- which reflects Gospel values and responsible use of human, financial and natural resources; and, which promotes academic and co-curricular excellence.
Reporting to: ESL/LINC Supervisor
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Various St. Charles Adult and Continuing Education Sites.
- Instruct English as a Second Language according to the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and Portfolio-Based Language Assessment (PBLA).
- Engage in accurate St. Charles reporting processes.
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of the Adult Learner and their specific needs.
- Maintain professional comportment synonymous with that of an employee of the Hamilton Wentworth Catholic District School Board.
- Classes will run face-to-face.
- Instructors will be required to track student attendance per session.
Note: staff are required to be flexible to move to a remote learning environment if Ministry, Board, or Public Health Directives change.
- TESL Ontario Certified (OCELT)
- Knowledge of Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA)
- Knowledge of MS Teams, Avenue and/or Onyx Learning Management Systems preferred
Schools and administrative sites within the Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board
(HWCDSB) give witness to the truth that Jesus Christ is the foundation and the heart of Catholic
Education and the centre of its community. Central to this vibrant and student focussed system is a
vision of students as uniquely created in the image of God. This commitment is expressed and realized
in the Board’s Mission which is:
“In union with our Bishop, to enable all learners to realize the fullness of humanity of which our Lord
Jesus Christ is the model”
The Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If you are contacted regarding
an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources (or the hiring manager) if you require an
Applicants shall submit a resume/CV that outlines skills, abilities, qualifications, course documentation,
letter of application, and letters of recommendation from immediate supervisor and/or past supervisor.
Submit your resume/CV and other required documentation to email@example.com. Please include the
full posting title within the subject line and attach your submission.