Position: Coordinator, LINC/ESL/FSL
Salary: $ 66,438 - $ 79,229 – Band 5
Location: Gary Allan Learning Centre - Continuing Education; Milton Campus
215 Ontario St S, Milton
Work Schedule: 35 hours/week, 12 months/year
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Reporting to the Manager, Adult Languages Program, the Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the overall leadership and operation of the LINC/ESL/FSL program as it grows and develops across multiple locations in the Halton region. The incumbent will also assist in the development of the overall vision and strategic direction of the program, while building positive relationships with staff, instructors and regional partners, at large. The position will fully engage in various initiatives in support of language education & the integration of newcomer families into the community.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the program staff, assist with emergent classroom/learner/instructor needs.
- Provide excellent leadership to instructors and the support team in the delivery of the program.
- Work with the manager to determine metrics (program goals/needs & enrolment statistics) to assist in the periodic review and annual program planning processes. Assist in developing new initiatives to address local labour market trends and gaps in service.
- Monitor the CNC program & ensure compliance; regularly liaise with CMAS on matters pertaining to the CNC program.
- Plan and/or facilitate professional development activities for instructors and staff. Attend partnership sub-committee meetings, identify and liaise with the HDSB Welcome Centre and regional stakeholders to increase awareness of the newcomer language programs.
- In collaboration with manager and HDSB colleagues, develop and execute a marketing and communications plan to increase the visibility & awareness of HDSB’s language and settlement services, internally and externally
- Ensure that all program timelines are met (for multiple reporting deadlines, for funding applications, and performance appraisals).
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus an OCELT certification.
- Three years of experience in the field of LINC/ESL programs of which at least one includes supervising staff/instructors, scheduling classes, and coordinating some areas of the program budget.
- Strong knowledge of IRCC- and MCCSS-funded programs, their mandate and reporting requirements. Working knowledge of HARTs and iCARE (data gathering and reporting tools).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA).
- Excellent organizational, analytical and results-oriented thinking.
- Experience working effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment.
- Knowledge of the CNC program.
- Ability to liaise with internal partners to identify and resolve issues relating to space or classroom usability, including ongoing technology improvements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in a range of office productivity software (e.g.,Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Ability to collect and monitor information about program-related workflows and processes; develop, refine and recommend operations manual (e.g. standard operating procedures and processes) in support of daily operations.
Applications, along with your resume and other supporting documents must be submitted through Apply to Education – www.applytoeducation.com by 4:00pm on Monday November 29, 2021
Job Category: Management & Professionals - Job Code #3146066