Circle of Friends for Newcomers (Hamilton) is recruiting a LINC Instructor to join our team from December 2022 to March 31, 2023 (with the possibility of contract renewal)
Reporting to the LINC coordinator, the successful candidate will have the ability to teach all 4 language skills at a range of levels (Literacy to CLB 5).
Hours of work are Monday to Friday (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
- Provide English language instruction to adult newcomers to Canada
- Prepare lesson plans according to learner needs and interests, the LINC Guidelines and Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Assess student progress using PBLA
- Develop and maintain an anti-bias classroom atmosphere where all participants feel welcome and motivated to learn and contribute
- TESL Ontario Accreditation (OCELT)
- Demonstrated lesson planning skills
- Experience working with adults of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience in instructing Canadian Language Benchmark Levels from Literacy to CLB 5
- Experience using Portfolio Based Learning Assessment
- Ability to use information technology as a teaching learning tool
- Ability to work independently with solid time management and organizational skills
- Values that align with the goals and objectives of Circle of Friends
- A cooperative and supportive team member
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than December 1, 2022 to:
Attention: Anisa Malik, LINC Coordinator
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Circle of Friends strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all of our programs, practices, facilities and people.