If your CTESOL Certificate has expired, you can have it reinstated at any time. Reinstatement applications are processed in 10-20 business days from the date of receipt.
Valid TESL Ontario Membership Required
Applicants are required to hold valid TESL Ontario standard membership prior to submitting their reinstatement application. If your standard membership has expired, please take the following steps:
- Go to https://applications.teslontario.org/
- Click on "Renew".
- Click on "Standard Membership Renewal".
- Check off membership renewal type.
- Fill out all sections of "Form R-3: TESL Ontario Standard Membership Renewal".
- Submit the form.
- Pay the fee.
TESL Ontario certified members are required to complete 10 hours of professional development (PD) activities during each certification year. If you had been selected for PD Audit in the same year when you allowed your certification to lapse but did not submit your proof of PD at that time, you are required to submit proof of 10 PD hours completed at any time during or after your last year of certification. For information about activities recognized as PD, please click here.
- Administration Fee: $141.25 (tax included)
- Pro-rated Certification Fee** - maximum $92.66 (tax included)
*All fees are non-refundable.
**The pro-rated certification fee covers the period starting from the certification reinstatement approval date to your current standard membership renewal due date.
Method of Payment
Please provide your phone number on the application form. A TESL Ontario staff member will reach out to you
during regular business hours for payment information. We will complete processing your application after receiving payments.
Submitting Your Application Form
Print and fill out the Application Form A-7.
- Email a scan of the completed form, and, if applicable, scans of your proof PD to email@example.com.
Application Review and Approval Process
TESL Ontario sends you an email confirming the receipt of your application in 1-2 business days from the date of receipt.
Your application is reviewed in 10-20 business days from the date of receipt.
Next, a TESL Ontario staff member will call you during regular business hours to collect your payment information and process the applicable fees.
TESL Ontario will then notify you of your reinstatement application approval by email.
- Once your payment is processed, your CTESOL Certificate is issued and sent to you by email.
- For operational reasons, TESL Ontario reserves the right to extend the application processing time, as necessary.
- TESL Ontario may request additional documentation beyond the requirements described above.
- All submitted documentation and information will be kept confidential.
- The standards and requirements of certification reinstatement application are reviewed by the TESL Ontario Accreditation Standards Committee on a regular basis and are updated, as necessary.
Questions? Please contact TESL Ontario by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-593-4243, Ext. 205.