- Are you interested in being a webinar presenter?
- Do you have expertise to share with others?
- Are you eager to add another skill to your resumé?
If so, the TESL Ontario webinar team would like to hear from you!
Our team will guide you through the process: providing you with training, support, equipment, and guided practice runs until you feel you’re ready!
What we do:
TESL Ontario offers quality professional development opportunities for language teachers, researchers, teacher trainers, and training professionals in Ontario. We invite presenters to share their experience, knowledge, innovative ideas, practices, and research by submitting a proposal to the TESL Ontario webinar team. TESL Ontario webinar proposals go through a review process. Proposals which focus on product promotion are not permitted. All webinars must have clear learning outcomes for TESL Ontario webinar participants.
What’s in it for me?
- receive a certificate for 5 hours of professional development for a 1-hour webinar
- receive training and experience in presenting a webinar
- be able to share your knowledge and expertise with the language training community
- grow your personal learning network and add to your skills
How does the program work?
The team will be there to help you every step of the way! … drafting your description, deciding on slides, pacing your presentation … you’ll have the support you need. You’ll also receive survey feedback to help you reflect on the experience.
You’ll be paired with a moderator, who will work closely with you until you feel comfortable with the webinar platform.
What does the moderator do for me?
The Moderator will:
- work with you through the whole process; provide detailed presenter training, including practice runs on the webinar platform
- provide support during your live webinar: handling technical issues, managing participant questions, and offering any other necessary assistance
- arrange for the loan of webinar equipment, if needed, including a headset/mic and webcam (although not essential)
- provide survey feedback to help you reflect on and learn from the experience
Ok, I want to get started. What next?
- Review the Info sheet on drafting a webinar description and biography.
- Submit your webinar proposal using our online submission form.
- Your submission will be reviewed, if accepted, you will be contacted by a member of our team to schedule a date for your webinar.
A member of our team will review your description, make any suggested edits, and email a draft to you, for your review and final approval.
Your webinar information will be posted on Tutela and the TESL Ontario website and will be marketed to the TESL Ontario membership.
You will be paired with a moderator
Following your webinar, you will receive survey feedback to help you reflect on and learn from the experience.
Questions about the process? Contact the webinar team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's easier than you may think!
The day of the webinar, with your moderator’s help you will
- set up your presentation
- conduct your presentation
- answer participants’ questions, during or at the end of the webinar
After the webinar, you’ll
- receive a certificate for 5 hours of professional development
- get valuable feedback from the survey
- add another skill to your resume and social media profiles
Let us help you learn a new skill, while you share your knowledge and expertise with your peers.
Our volunteers will be right by your side, every step of the way.
Get started today! For more information, email the TESL Ontario webinar team.